Friday, August 1, 2008

Friday

Recently my cousin Tommy (my dad's brothers son) got back in touch with my mom. We haven't seen him in over 25 years. He flew in yesterday to spend a few days with the family. I barely remember him. My older siblings remember though! My sister Kim and him were real close...she is his chauffeur for the time he is in town. John & I visited with him for awhile today. Tommy & Kim were grossed out cause John & I were eating sushi. We offered some to them but they declined. Don't knock it until you try it!

I crocheted 7 rows on Tori's afghan...WOOT. I had to finally stop because of this dadgum carpel tunnel. I know 7 rows doesn't sound like much....but keep in mind that this afghan is a queen size!

So after I stopped crocheting, the dogs and I went outside and I fiddled around in the garden while they played. After 15 minutes the heat was just unbearable...and it was 8 pm...the air felt real thick today. We went back in the house and for a moment I thought about starting on the quilt. I looked at all those pretty perfect squares and imagined myself sewing away....stop betty stop! I couldn't just sit down and do nothing and I wasn't tired so I didn't want to get in the bed. I decided to bake! I looked in my baking cabinet and found cinnamon chips by Hersheys...there was a recipe on the back for

"Oatmeal Cinnamon Chip Cookies"

YUMMO!!! I can bake cookies, eat 2 or 3, be satisfied...and bring the rest to my brothers house tomorrow. Good thing it made 5 dozen since there will be about 20 people there.

They are delicious.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so baking tomorrow!! I think ma and the girls are going to make Lumpia and crab rangoons also. I'll let you know how they come out.

Anonymous said...

I meant ME and the girls, but I wish MA was here!!