Friday, December 19, 2008

Sweet Celebration

Last Sunday John & I hosted a Dessert Party in our home! Along with the sweets we had coffee, mulled cider, Christmas Punch ( I got recipe from Sandy Toes) & wine! We had a lot of fun and will be doing it again next year! I took some photos of all the delicious desserts!


Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake squares....I made these and they were...ok.


Stuffed Pancakes....my sister, Kim made these and they were really good! They were almost crepe like and so delicious!


Lemon Cranberry Coffeecake.....this was pretty good. Next time I make it I will drench the cake in a lemon sauce. It was too dry for my taste.


Pumpkin Pie Bars.....I need to share this recipe for all you pumpkin fans. I made these and I think they are my new favorite pumpkin dessert!


Banana Cupcakes with Cinnamon Honey frosting! Tori made these and of course they are organic and healthy! But, oh my they were delicious!!! She made up the frosting and it was so good! I'm so proud of her!


Mini Strawberry Napoleons....my niece, Kayla made these. Oh yummo! These melted in your mouth.



Chocolate English Toffee Trifle that my mom made! This is a must dessert that the grandkids always beg her to make!!!


S'mores Brownies.....Meg made these! I was so proud of her! They came out SO good!! Meg is a huge chocoholic so I knew she would make something like this. Both my girls are awesome cooks and bakers!



My friend, Dala made a basket full of different goodies! Her toffee and brittle were wonderful. John's favorite are the peanut butter balls she makes!

We had many other desserts. Robbie made a Chocolate Chip pie, Aubrey made chocolate haystacks, Holly made sugar cookies. We had Candied Pecans and lemon squares, snickerdoodles and much more! It was an enjoyable evening of fellowship and sugar highs!!!

20 comments:

fawn & fern said...

mmm it was all so good...
the pumpkin bars reign supreme!

love you!

BloggessJ said...

It all looks soooo good! I wish I could eat solid food right about now! Have a great weekend!

beth said...

It's 3:30 am and I don't know where my trifle bowl is! I forgot, until just now how delicious English toffee desserts are.

April said...

Oh, wow...I'd have to be on the treadmill for a couple of hours to burn off the calorie overload from all those goodies! Talk about a spread! Everything looks so good!

Kaye said...

Oh, YUM!!! Everything looks delicious!!! Recipes! We want recipes! ;) (Pretty please and thank you!) What a fun party!!!

Heather said...

I'm in a sugar coma just looking at all those desserts.

Wow!

Maybe if you have leftovers, you could send them over for Isabel's party tonight...

Wait, never mind. Six girls on a sugar high, under my care. What am I thinking?

~Trish~ said...

This blog needs smell-a-vision!!

Rene said...

That all looks so amazing!! How does your mom keep her trifle layers looking so good? Mine always oozes into each other. Definitely post that pumpkin bar recipe -- I picked up a bunch of cans of pumpkin puree at the discount grocers and I can only make so many pies.

Rene

Betty said...

ohhhhh! You are so bad. I just ate, but now I`m hungry again! :)
Looks deeeelicious!

Becky said...

So Betty~

How is that dieting going for you?

Just askin..

That toffee dessert looks AMAZING!

Yum yum yummy yum!

Aubrey said...

Are you saying John loves her balls? Just asking. LOL

Wow. Looks DEVINE! My stomach is growling now!

Bekah said...

I hopped over from Jamies page, and oh my goodness, the food! Im so hungry now!

Elisabeth said...

I definitly need the recipe for the S'mores brownies. You know I live for S'mores! My all time favorite treat!!

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

Oh my gosh! Now I am hungry again. You always make me hungry!!

Happy weekend!

Joy said...

Meg's S'mores bars are right up my alley. What a great variety of desserts. I know that had to be a fun time.
Merry Christmas,

Joy

Anonymous said...

I can feel my pants getting tighter just looking at all those treats. What a great party idea. I just got a trifle dish last week and can't wait to make a trifle for it. The one you had looks awesome!

Michelle said...

Daaaaannnng. I have a belly ache just looking at all of that. We had a party in the lunchroom yesterday and I stuffed myself with all kinds of goodies. We munched at 11 a.m. and I could not eat the rest of the day!

Melody said...

Ooooh, yum!

Beths Blog said...

betty, please give me the recipe for the pumpkin bars. I LOVE pumpkin!!!! They look delicious. I loved your Christmas card. I'm not sending one this year. Merry Christmas!

angi_b72 said...

now i am hungry!! Go check out my blog! :)