Thursday, April 23, 2009

Art Show


Tonight Tori had her 1st Art show in college. It was in the Black Box Gallery (there are only 4 per year in the black box.)



Her art was called..... Vessels & Rays: A cellular exploration into the inner-workings of a deciduous tree.

The material she used to make this were coffee, coffee filters and fabric.

The shadows were amazing!!

This is Professor Holly Laws. She told us that Tori is a very talented young woman.



Here she is with her boyfriend, Nick, who came to the show to support her.

It was a wonderful evening. Tori, I look forward to many more art shows during your college life. I love you, baby bird!!

15 comments:

fawn & fern said...

thanks for coming out & for dinner : )
it was all very lovely!

i love you toooo!

Becky said...

How proud you must be! Very cool Tori!

Natalie Freeman said...

NO FREAKIN' WAY! I cannot believe that is Tori's work!!... well, actually I can believe it because she's so talented, but Tori has really grown as an artist this past year! I'm so impressed!!!!!

Tori, it is so beautiful. as all of your work always is. Love you, best friendddd!

& Holly is beautiful!

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

Great job Tori! Beautiful work.

April said...

The talent just keep oozing out! It's amazing! I love her work! You've raised some awesome girls, Betty!

Ashley said...

I'm sure she'll have plenty of art shows in college and beyond. She is so talented!

Beths Blog said...

That is beautiful work, I know you are proud of your baby!

No, I have not heard from "G", its just so weird that this person found me about my friend that died. I just want to know who they are! Crazy!

Are you excited about school getting out soon?
b

Betty said...

Talented girl!

Mrsbear said...

Very cool work. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

How exciting!!!!! Beautiful work!

Susie said...

Her work is so good! Thanks for sharing her talent with us.

Joy said...

Thanks for sharing her work with us. Beautiful!


Joy

Jennifer said...

Beautiful work! I know you asked me how I was losing the weight, so I'll tell ya. Litte coke, lots of exercise, breakfast and lunch, but no supper, and I take Alli after my meals. Hope that helps! Feel free to ask me anything else!

Crazee Juls said...

I wish that I could be artistic--I've tried....but yeah, doesn't work for me.

your daughters are beautiful! :) So excited for her and her art! Gorgeous

Aubrey said...

I LOVE it! She is so very talented!