Sunday, July 5, 2009

Double Movie Dinner Date

Thursday was our date that we do every 3 months. We like to call it our
"Double Movie Dinner Date".

We always take our picture in the photo booth to document the date! I cut the last picture out because it was....for our eyes only!




The 1st movie we went to see was "Public Enemies" starring, Johnny Depp. It was SO good!! A true story about John Dillinger the notorious bank robber during the great depression. Johnny was eye candy galore as usual.
I give it 5 stars!!

We went over to Copeland's and had an early dinner. (The good thing about this date is not only are we buying matinee tickets....we are eating a big meal at lunch prices!) At Copeland's the lunch portion is just as big as the dinner one. We shared some red beans & rice with andouille sausage, a small salad, and we each got a plate of Eggplant Parmesan with 1 small chicken breast. When the meal came we said, We should have only bought one and shared it. We say that every time!

2nd movie we went to see was "My Sister's Keeper". I read the book and loved it! The movie of course was the same but different(does that even make sense?). They didn't use 1 character and changed some traits of others. But all in all....a huge TEAR JERKER!!! I cried like a fool and my husband is not ashamed to admit that he did as well!
I give it 5 stars!!

Both movies are a MUST SEE!!!

We went to Academy Sports afterward so I could get a new pair of sneakers. John picked out 4 cute workout outfits for me as a reward for doing so good in the gym! How sweet was he!?!!

It was an awesome date!

Te Amo, Babe
!!!

"When you are in Love you can't fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams."
~ Dr. Seuss


13 comments:

mommakin said...

I love the quote you ended with...

Sounds like a very cool date. My girls have been begging to see both of those movies, so perhaps today we'll knock one of 'em out.

Very cool blog.

Becky said...

Very neat quote~ I have never heard that before.

Those back to back movies sound fun. I don't think I have ever done that in my life!
I have heard that "My Sister's Keeper" is a GREAT movie, but that you SOB. I don't know if I want to sob...I rather laugh right now;) One of my best friends birthday was this weekend and we talked about going, but were nervous about be too depressed afterward, lol! Maybe I'll read the book first:)

You have my curiousity up on the last picture. Not G rated, huh?

John said...

I think we should start going more often...it really is a fun time and I had fun helping you pick out the workout clothes....love you baby 3

Susie said...

You guys have such a great marriage. It's inspirational how in love you gusy are:-)

Anonymous said...

You two are too cute!

Yankee Girl said...

I want to see both of those movies but I am so nervous to see My Sisters Keeper! I always feel like a moron when I leave the theater with a red face from crying!

The pics are adorable!

Heather said...

How sweet is that man?!

I read My Sister's Keeper and loved it. I can't wait to see the movie, and I know I'll be a sobbing snivelling mess (I bawled my eyes out at UP, for heaven's sake...you should see that one, too).

Congrats on your gym success. Buying new outfits makes you want to work out even more, doesn't it?

Melody said...

Love your fun pics! I'm glad you had such a good time. Steve & I desperately need to take a date day! After the wedding.

Lynette said...

Too cute!! Love your photo gallery! Date night, huh? That is where you and hubby go out, on a date, just the two of you and have meaningful conversation, just the two of you, right??? I'll have to try that with my hubby sometime!!

Loved the storm pics y'all took. Folks in NC totally FREAK out when the first couple of rain drops start to fall - hanging up the phone, well before cordless and cell phones started getting used all the time. I love a good storm!!

Happy Sunday Evening -

Joy said...

What a great day you two had. I want to go see the movie, but I'm nervous to go cause I'm a big crybaby.
That quote is sooo sweet. So is your man. What a guy to help you shop.

Joy

Anonymous said...

What a fun date! I've been wanting to see both of those movies.

Aubrey said...

I can't wait to see Public Enemies!

Dinner sounds yummy! I totally fell off the wagon during the time I was with my sister this past week. I would have eaten EVERYTHING on your plate...plus mine. LOL

Date night sounded like a hit!

Anonymous said...

What a great resource!