Monday, August 31, 2009

The girls!

Morgan, Madisyn (aka Madi) & Bridgette (aka Gigi) They are 12, 11 & 10 years old! Yes, Barbara had stair stepper kids!! :))

Gigi & Madi

Me & Morgan


I named a few restaurants that we can go to for lunch and the girls chose Coltons. Because I said they have really good salads. When we were seated the hostess put a bucket of peanuts on the table. All the girls looked at the bucket like....what the heck do you do with that. I think it was Madi who said, What do you do with the shells....I said, you throw them on the floor. The look on their faces were priceless!!! They thought I was lying!! They had never been to a restaurant where you eat peanuts. So I cracked open a peanut and threw the shell on the floor and they all started giggling!! It was SO funny!!! They had fun throwing those shells on the floor. Especially Gigi!!

We all ordered a fried chicken salad. I knew how huge they were but also knew that someone in this big family would eat the leftovers!!!


The salads were as big as Madi & Gigi.



The onion is almost as big as Gigi's face!

I wish I had more pics of Morgan....she doesn't like to have her picture taken.

We went and visited their cousin Emily who had her wisdom teeth pulled earlier that morning. We stopped off at Kroger first to buy her some ice cream.....the girls all picked out a Haagen Dazs mini. We were walking the store getting a few things for John and Gigi dropped hers and it went under the bread rack.....we couldn't reach it......we were all laughing so hard! They were saying how it was going to melt and make a mess and wondered if anyone would find it. We walked back to the freezer so she could get another.

It was all giggles with these girls!! They are a hoot!! I tell you my sister and her husband are doing a tremendous job at raising these kids!! They are ALL so polite just very well mannered.

16 comments:

Susie said...

They look like a great group of girls:-)

mommakin said...

I love places where you throw peanut shells on the floor!

Looks like you guys had a great time!

The Wife O Riley said...

Looks like a lot of fun! We used to have a restaurant here with the peanuts. It closed down years ago and I miss it.

Becky said...

The places with peanuts shells on the floor always messes with me too, lol! I always am discreet about dropping them on the floor ;)

Wow! Five kids! Your sister is amazing!!

April said...

There isn't anything more fun than a girl's night out! Sure sounds like you girls had a ball...what cute pictures!

Betty W said...

I´ve never heard of a place where you eat peanuts and throw the shells on the floor! That is so cool!
And your sister! 5 kids and so close together! That is amazing!!
What a great day you had!

Joy said...

Do all of these kiddos belong to the same sister or am I missing something? The girls are adorable. Boy you have done the restaurant tour with this visit.
How fun!


Joy

Heather said...

Wait a minute, you leave for your cruise in 6 days?!!!

I'll bet you are so excited!!! I cannot wait to hear all about it (and see lots of pictures, of course).

Katy said...

Look like so much fun! I wish I had an Aunty like you when I was their age x

SparkleFarkel said...

Ahhh! Salad Days! So fun!

Barbara Jean said...

too funny because I can picture Gigi throwing those shells on the floor! LMBO! I guess I'll admit that I am the one who ate all the leftover chicken at like 11:00 that night! I was starving man!

Jill said...

Looks like they had a meal big enough to last them for a week. I am glad you enjoyed your time with them :)

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

Sounds like a great time! You are a great Auntie!!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Sounds like a great time! I love those roaster peanuts.

Unknown said...

the girls look darling the salad looks delicious! can't get much better than that!

Anonymous said...

Y'all look exactly alike!