Sunday, November 15, 2009

Mongolian Beef

John & I played around with 2 different recipes and feel that we have come up with the best one for Mongolian Beef.


Mongolian Beef

1/4 cup chicken stock
3 tbsp. hot chili oil
3 tbsp. hoisin sauce
1 1/2 tbsp. oyster sauce
1 tbsp. dry sherry
2 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes

1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced
2 tbsp. corn starch

2 tbsp. peanut oil
2 tbsp. chopped garlic
3 bunches of green onions, cut into 2 inch pieces
1 white onion

1. Toss steak with corn starch-let sit for 10 minutes.
2.Whisk together first 8 ingredients. Set aside.
3.Heat peanut oil in Wok till hot- fry meat for 3 minutes. Remove & drain on paper towel.
4. Drain all but 1 tbsp. of oil from Wok-Add white onion, cook for 3-4 minutes then add garlic & green onions cooking another 2 minutes. Add meat & sauce....continue to stir until sauce forms a glaze (about 2 minutes)
Serve over brown steamed rice.
Enjoy

9 comments:

Melody said...

My dhubby Steve *loves* Mongolian Beef! I'll have to point him in your (blog's) direction! :-)

Bill S. said...

It looks like a great dish. Thanks for it.

Lori said...

Looks yummy!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh great, now I'm hungry!

Susie said...

That looks REALLY good!!

April said...

One of my favorites when we eat out at a chinese restaurant! So glad you shared the recipe!

Yankee Girl said...

WOW!

Looks awesome and yummy!

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

Yum!!! I love the quilt!!!

Michelle said...

There you go again with that weird ass food. (lol) You guys must have stomach's of steel. I would die, really, I mean die if I ate some of the stuff you eat. Glad you enjoyed it though.