Friday, January 1, 2010

Goodbye 2009....

Hard to believe that we are already in the year 2010.

John & I spent the last day of 2009 at our favorite Tattoo Shop.

We had plans to get these tattoos back in of 2008 when Tori graduated from High school & moved off to college.
Our plans stalled when John developed a small bump on his finger that grew & grew and ended up being a horrible staph infection that landed him in the hospital on the operating table. He spent nearly a week in there drugged up on morphine.

So needless to say the tattoos had to wait until the infection was totally out of his body. At least a year! So we were safe and waited 1 1/2.

So with that being said....

We decided that John surely was in the clear and we could go get the tattoos.

He was ready for the Dove tattoo to complete his arm.

The doves for both the girls symbolize the girls growing up and leaving home or "The Nest". They are both flying away from the nest looking back at it as a reminder of where they came from and of the love that will always be there for them.

John got his dove by Tori's name and decided to color it blue.

The dove for Meg (he got in 2006) he had blue color added to it.

The heart with my name in it was his first tattoo he got back in 1988. He had the tribal around it done a few years back. This arm represents the 3 most important women in his life!



I was SO excited to finally get mine as well. I had been wanting a tattoo on my wrist since John got his.
(he has one on each wrist)
I got a Poppy flower on my left wrist. I decided to get a traditional, old school tattoo.
My tattoo has so much value & meaning to me.

Poppies represent remembrance, sleep & death....so in memory of my dad, who passed away in 2006 and who the grandchildren called, "Poppy", I got this tattoo.

But it also represents the loyalty & faith between lovers!! So this Poppy flower is in honor of my lover, John, my best friend, my soul-mate.


10 comments:

Susie said...

Cool ink!

Becky said...

I love them!~

Gosh..John had to of been in the chair a while for those. But they turned out great!

I saw the other day on my friend's blog the neatest idea of her and her sister and her mom how they got matching live laugh love tattoo's on their wrists. It totally makes me want to do that with Tatum and Summer one day:)

Heather said...

I love them!

But on the inside of the wrist? Ouch! It looks beautiful, but methinks I'm too wimpy for that.

Do your girls have any tattoos? With them being so artsy, I'd think they would have awesome ideas for one!

Natalie Freeman said...

i really love the tats! the doves are so sweet. & your poppy is lovely. i love the wrist idea!

Anonymous said...

Awww! How cute are you two?! Love it!

Happy New Year!

fawn & fern said...

aw i like that he got the blue added!
your tattoo looks pretty!

love you guys!

mommakin said...

I love them all!!! I am gonna show John's to the hubs for inspiration - love, love, love!

Mrsbear said...

I love it! Very cool that you guys made a tattoo date. My husband and I keep meaning too, but it's just not in the budget. Maybe after the kids go away to college. ;)

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Love the tats and the beautiful meaning behind them. Happy New Year!

margaritoycia said...

Hi great reading your posst