Friday, February 11, 2011

Snowpocalypse

It started snowing on Wednesday, February, 9th at 7:58 am. By 10:00 am we already had 2 inches on the ground.

It snowed SO HARD at times we couldn't see the house across the street. You can tell how hard it was coming down by the picture of my house below. It makes the picture look blurry.
The boys weren't sure about all the white stuff....it almost buried them in places. John shoveled the sidewalk several times just so they could walk.
Within an hour and a half it was covered again.
Dinosaur seemed to like it much more than Reeses did.

Ready to go in the house where it is warm.....they would run in and sit by the heater for at least 30 minutes thawing out.
The backyard.....still snowing at this point.

My backyard the next morning at sunrise....

We ended up with 7.8 inches officially....I measured 8.3. You can see the path John made for the dogs...it goes from the front door to the mailbox.

Being snowed in for the past 3 days I got tons of sewing done! I finished my Postage Stamp Quilt!
I was going to sell this, but John fell in love with it, so it now resides in my living room.
I made a coffee table runner to match it.
It's been a very productive few days! Being snowed in made me realize how much I love my job. I loved getting tons of sewing done, but I have missed my co-workers and kiddos!

I plan on getting out of the house tomorrow. I need to go to the fabric store....I ran out of purple thread. I also need to go to the gym....I've eaten so much I feel like I've gained 10 pounds!

The snow was beautiful...fun...but I've had enough of winter....it can leave now!

6 comments:

Mercedes said...

beautiful pix!

Susie said...

You quilted...I baked:-)

Becky said...

Wow! You guys did get alot of snow! It has been quite a winter, hasn't it? To think...I was jealous just last week of your post of fb of you taking a walk in the warm weather and sunshine. I guess things changed quickly there!!!

We FINALLY might make it to 40 this week and I am so excited. I am ready for SPRING!

Betty W said...

Now that is what I call winter. Lots of snow there. I hope your weather warms up soon.
Although I´m not looking forward to winter coming yet, so maybe it can just stay a little longer where you are. :)

Dee said...

Girl that quilt is gorgeous! You've got quite the talent there!

Sandra said...

Your house, your dogs, your quilts...take me now! I cook, I clean, I will only speak when spoken to...:)